Babies.....................

Babies, babies, babies......that's all I seem to be listening about or seeing lately. My sister, my best friend, a work friend, my cousin, my husband's friends wife, my other cousin; everyone it seems wants to have babies right now.

Don't get be wrong, I LOVE KIDS.......I adore sitting down to read a book to a child and having them fall asleep in my arms. I love dressing them up. I love feeding a bottle to a baby. I love their homemade pictures, grubby little fingers and youthful innocence. Kids gravitate to me or so it seems and truthfully I feel most comfortable with kids. They accept you for who you are, all the flaws, all the idosycracies that exist in you, they could care less as long as you read to them, color with them or if you give them life experiences.

I've pretty much raised or had a part in raising the following:

My sister-I gave her baths at night, tucked her into her bed, helped her with her homework, cooked her dinner, disciplined her, coached her, hugged her and listened to her cry. She was my daughter in many regards.

Not that I had bad parents. I DID not. They were young and we were dirt poor when I was young and they didn't have the option not to work if they wanted to feed us.

In the end I look back and recognize that parenting is much harder than it looks on the outside. I was an awful discipilnarian and didn't have a clue what I was doing. My sister wanted a friend and sister, not a poor substitute for a parent. I tried to be both. The two are much harder to exist together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of my Grandma

My friend.. gone too soon